The Marshall Scholarship supports young Americans of high ability to study for a graduate degree in the United Kingdom. A Marshall Scholarship is tenable for two academic years (i.e. 22 months), but may be extended to a third year by the Commission on a limited basis. Candidates are invited to indicate two preferred universities, but interest in studying at universities other than Oxford and Cambridge is particularly welcomed. A Marshall candidate must be endorsed by an institution at which he or she has completed two years of full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study. For more information, be sure to review the Marshall Scholarship website.
Qualifying Marshall candidates:
1. A citizen of the United States OR a lawful permanent resident of the United States OR a U.S. resident with DACA status on April 15 in the year of application.
2. College Seniors or Recent Graduates (not currently in a graduate program)
3. 3.7 GPA or above
4. Plan to study in a program at a UK institution
To be considered for a Florida International University nomination for the Marshall, candidates must submit the following application materials. This pre-application deadline ensures priority in working on application materials and reviewing student qualifications. Students chosen, will move onto the next step in the application process and will be completing the Internal Marshall application process.
In order to be eligible for consideration each student must:
- Submit an Intent to Apply Statement (explain your interest in award and why you are eligible and Leadership Roles) (100-500 words)
- Academic Resume: A short dated list (maximum length: two pages) of principal activities, honors, prizes, scholarships, offices held, athletic record and extracurricular interests. Be sure it is academic based and reflects your educational achievements as well as work experience, etc.
- 3-8 Names and Emails of possible recommenders (letters of recommendations will be needed if you move forward to the next application)
- Expected Graduation Term (if currently an FIU student)
Students who are chosen to move forward will then complete a second application process and go through an interview process to determine who will be endorsed. If you have any questions, email Annelise Villiers at firstname.lastname@example.org.