Stanford Advanced Materials College Scholarship
If you are currently enrolled in college (or headed there in 2019!) and want to win a $1000 scholarship to help cover expenses, enter the Stanford Advanced Materials Scholarship.
Stanford Advanced Materials Scholarship will award a $1000 scholarship to one highly motivated student who can thoughtfully respond to the prompt below.
How It Works:
Please follow the following prompt:
With the development of modern science and technology, advanced materials have had their applications in almost every aspect of life. For instance, Zirconia ceramics have made itself a top choice for kitchen knives because of its high strength and resistance to high-temperature, oxidation, and corrosion; Titanium is a core material in the components of the world’s lightest bicycle, which weighs only 6 lbs; Silicon nanoparticles have been tested in the lab for improving breast cancer treatment; the energy-saving “smart glass” windows made with vanadium dioxide coating can block the sun’s hot rays and reduce the need to run air-conditioning systems.
Where have you seen advanced materials used in your life? Please share your understanding and experience with the application of the following materials and what impact they might have in the future.
Advanced Ceramic Materials
Rare Earth Materials
Please submit your answer in the following format:
Please write an essay (800 words or less), share your experience with one or two advanced materials in life or at school, and talk about what impact it will have in people’s life.
To Be Eligible:
- All submissions must be received by midnight on March 20th, 2019.
- You must be a graduating senior in high school or a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college or trade school and at least 16 years of age in the US Territories.
- We reserve the right to verify the date of your high school graduation and/or college enrollment.
- Each entrant affirms that they have met all eligibility requirements and releases their entry to be used for any purpose by Stanford Advanced Materials.
- Any and all submissions may be used in future Stanford Advanced Materials marketing.
For more information, please visit: http://www.samaterials.com/content/315-stanford-advanced-materials-1000-college-scholarship