The Mitchell Scholarship supports young Americans of high ability to study a degree in Ireland. A Mitchell Scholarship supports one academic year of post-graduate study in any discipline offered at institutions in Ireland and Northern Ireland. Students with a strong record of scholarship, leadership, and commitment to service are encouraged to apply. Each year approximately twelve students are selected as Mitchell Scholars. A Mitchell candidate must be endorsed by an institution at which he or she has completed two years of full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study.
Qualifying Mitchell candidates:
1. U.S Citizen
2. College Seniors or Recent Graduates (not currently in a graduate program)
3. 3.7 GPA or above
4. Plan to study in a program at an institution in Ireland or Northern Ireland
To be considered for a Florida International University nomination for the Marshall, candidates must submit the following application materials. This pre-application deadline ensures priority in working on application materials and reviewing student qualifications. Students chosen, will move onto the next step in the application process and will be completing the Mitchell application process.
In order to be eligible for consideration each student must:
- Submit an Intent to Apply Statement (explain your interest in award and why you are eligible) (100-500 words)
- Academic Resume: A short dated list (maximum length: two pages) of principal activities, honors, prizes, scholarships, offices held, athletic record and extracurricular interests. Be sure it is academic based and reflects your educational achievements as well as work experience, etc.
- 3-8 Names and Emails of possible recommenders (letters of recommendations will be needed if you move forward to the next application)
- Expected Graduation Term (if currently an FIU student)
Students who are chosen to move forward will then complete a second application process. If you have any questions, email Annelise Villiers at email@example.com.