HWCOM Alumni Scholarship
The Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) Scholarship Program is pleased to offer the Alumni Scholarship award. The purpose of this scholarship award is to support continuing medical students who are in good academic and professional standing, have made significant contributions to the HWCOM and surrounding community, and demonstrate outstanding professionalism, humanism, and service to others. This scholarship recognizes the collective generosity and commitment from the college’s alumni/ae to medical education.
- Applicants must be in good academic and professional standing.
- Demonstrated financial need is a required component to be a recipient of this award. Current FAFSA must be on file.
- Receipt of a full tuition scholarship, including funding from another resource at any time, such as the Health Professions Scholarship Programs (Army, Navy, Air Force), will make you ineligible for this scholarship and you must notify the Office of Financial Aid immediately.
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe any special circumstances where you have had to overcome substantial educational or economic obstacles.
- Describe what makes you the best candidate for this award.