Stempel Practicum Award for Online MPH Students
The Stempel Practicum Award for Online MPH students provides a scholarship intended to support one (1) outstanding student in engaging with a community agency to improve public health each semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer).
The recipient receives a one-time, non-renewable fixed scholarship that may be applied towards the University’s tuition, housing/living expenses, and/or travel in the amount of $2000.00. The recipient will be selected based on specific criteria. This one-time award is provided to the recipient during the semester that the student is registered for the Practicum (PHC 6945).
- Have a minimum of a 3.4 cumulative graduate GPA
- Be approved for a Practicum site by the Practicum Manager
• Applicants must submit:
- An approved Education Plan
- Preceptor Agreement form
- Practicum approval from the Practicum Manager
• Applicants must also submit a typed personal statement (double-spaced, two-page maximum) that will address the applicant’s:
- Practice interests and professional goals
- How completing the Practicum (and receiving the scholarship) will help the applicant fulfill his or her educational, personal, and professional goals
- Prior field experience to facilitate the Practicum experience (if applicable)
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities that will contribute to the Practicum experience