200 Society of Professional Women
The 200 was an organization in Miami-Dade County women in the professions. The 200 established this endowment fund to assist deserving women students achieve their career goals. The award recognizes the barriers that many women experience on furthering their education. In addition to furthering the career development of a particular student, the 200 hopes to encourage women students by focusing attention on the education and career aims of women through this scholarship.
The $3,000 annual scholarship will be awarded thought competitive selection.The scholarship is to be used only for tuition, books, and related academic expenses.
Applicants should explain the need to Financial Aid. A scholarship application accompanied by a university transcript; biographical letter explained below; verification of full time status; and a letter of recommendation from an FIU professor should be attached to this application.
Students will be expected to submit a biographical essay in letter form. The letter should include educational background, reason for applying to the award, explanation of how the students’ career goal will advance women’s place in society, and any other relevant details.
During the term of the award the student will be expected to earn three credits in women’s and gender studies.
Applications will be available on 12/1/2018. The application deadline is 3/31/2021.
The selection will be made by the Center for Women’s and Gender Studied Scholarship Committee.
To be considered for this award, a student must:
• Be fully admitted in the College of Arts and Sciences as a Women’s and Gender Studies Major or Certificate earner.
• Be enrolled as an undergraduate student at the time of application.
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Financial need will be one consideration in awarding the scholarship.
• Undergraduates with at least two semesters of study (not including summer) remaining are eligible.