FIU Sigma Phi Epsilon Alumni First Generation Scholarship
The FIU Sigma Phi Epsilon Alumni First Generation Scholarship is awarded to students who are first-generation college students whose parents or legal guardians have not earned a baccalaureate degree and are involved with Sigma Phi Epsilon.
- First generation in family to attain a college degree (neither of the student’s parents earned a college degree at the baccalaureate level or higher; students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are eligible). FASFA must indicate that neither parent’s education level is above high school.
- Qualify as a Florida resident for tuition purposes.
- Enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours per term as a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the national Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and* be eligible for a Pell Grant.*
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Student who is involved/supports Sigma Phi Epsilon.
For more information on the First Generation Scholarship contact the Office of Scholarships at 305-348-0349 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supplemental Questions
- What are your educational and professional goals and how will achieving your goals help you give back to your community? Please elaborate on current volunteer and extracurricular activities and why you have chosen your major.