Social Work - Marian Dumaine Scholarship for MSW Students
This scholarship honors the memory of Dr. Marian Dumaine, former Field Coordinator for the School of Social Work, by providing funding for MSW students entering their field practicum who demonstrate financial need as well as a high level of commitment to the field of social work through their academic achievement and community engagement. For the fall 2020 semester, one Dumaine Scholarship of $500 will be awarded to help offset the extra costs of field practicum.
Applicants must be fully admitted into the MSW and must be accepted into the field practicum for the semester during which the scholarship is awarded. Applicants must have demonstrated financial need as well as high commitment to the field of social work through academic achievement and community engagement. Please note applicants are ineligible to apply for the Dr. Marian Dumaine scholarship if they received a scholarship or fellowship of $5,000 or more from the School of Social Work or the Stempel College.
This application must include:
1. Essay: In no more than 1000 words, describe your commitment to the field of social work and how your field practicum experience will assist you in furthering this commitment and your professional goals.
2. Letter of support: Include a letter of support from a member of the School’s faculty familiar with your academic achievements. The faculty member’s letter must detail academic aptitude and participation in School, College, University and community activities.
3. Current resume
• Students must submit an appropriate photo to include with application. No selfies, please.
• Brief bio of notable achievements, etc.
• Thank you note to the donor will be appreciated.