Andrea Castillo Scholarship
The Andrea Castillo Scholarship Endowment offers FIU students the opportunity to secure a $1,000 scholarship to support their endeavors in becoming teachers. The Castillo family established this scholarship in memory of Andrea Castillo, a talented and exceptional student who dreamed of being a teacher. To learn more about Andrea, please visit www.Andreacastillofoundation.org.
The scholarship is awarded to one or more students per year who share aspects of Andrea’s love for teaching. Students must be enrolled in an initial Teacher Prep Program at FIU, and preference is given to graduates of the Andrea Castillo Teaching Academy at Ronald W. Reagan Doral Senior High School.
Students interested in applying must:
- Be enrolled or accepted for admission to FIU, with preference given to graduates of the Andrea Castillo Teaching Academy at Ronald W. Reagan Doral Senior High School
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credits undergraduate) and maintain good academic standing
- Be enrolled in an initial Teacher Prep Program at FIU and must continue in such program each year if reapplying
- Write an essay on volunteerism in the field of education and the importance of the teaching profession
- Agree to teach in a Florida public school following graduation equivalent to the number of years the scholarship is received. Should the recipient find employment outside of teaching, they must inform the School of Education and Human Development on how the fellowship will continue to impact them in the pursuit of their own goals and in the field of education