Dr. David A. Kopenhaver Scholarship (Journalism + Media)
This endowment scholarship fund was established in 2009 by Dr. Lillian Lodge Kopenhaver, Dean of the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, as a memorial to her husband, Dr. David A. Kopenhaver, an accomplished university professor, psychologist, television host, producer, and author.
Dr. David A. Kopenhaver loved education and graduated from the University of Miami, where he was the president of both the freshman class and student body government. He was an involved student and his educational credentials included New York University, Harvard University, and Rutgers University. He was also a writer, the author of the Lilliland Stories—-more than 700 short morality tales set in a fictional European kingdom named for his wife.
*Majors in the Department of Journalism + Media (Broadcast Media, Journalism, Digital Communication + Media) *
For consideration, the applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- An undergraduate student pursuing any major in the SCJ during the award period
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 credits) during the award period (Fall 2021 – Spring 2022)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must submit proof of involvement/service within the SCJ or FIU community (student clubs, associations, etc.)
- Submit a 2-page typewritten (double-spaced) essay about your career goals, reasons for choosing the profession, and where you would like to work in the future
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member (SCJ faculty preferred)
Be a citizen of the United States, a U.S. lawful permanent resident or an international student on an aid eligible visa.
Questions- contact the Office of Scholarships at email@example.com.