Florida Farmworker Student Scholarship Program
The Office of Scholarships would like to share with you an opportunity you may be eligible for. The Florida Farmworker Student Scholarship (FFSS) Program is a need-based merit scholarship that provides financial assistance to a maximum of 50 eligible students who are farmworkers (or children of farmworkers), as defined in section 420.503, Florida Statutes.
Eligibility – The student will:
• Be a Florida resident
• Earn a minimum weighted cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 for all high school courses creditable toward a diploma
• Complete a minimum of 30 service hours
• As documented on the student’s transcript, the student must:
Have a minimum 90% attendance rate; and,
Have no disciplinary action brought against him or her.
• Be a farmworker or child of a farmworker. For the definition of a Farmworker, please visit: https://www.floridastudentfinancialaidsg.org/PDF/factsheets/FFSS.pdf
Requirements to Receive Funding – The student will:
• Be a Florida resident and a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. A student’s residency and citizenship status are determined by the postsecondary institution. Questions regarding such status should be directed to the financial aid office or admissions office of the institution the student plans to attend.
• Enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours per term, or the equivalent, at an eligible participating public postsecondary institution in a program of study leading to an undergraduate degree or a career certificate.
Applying for an Award:
Submit an error-free Florida Financial Aid Application
For more regulations and award information, visit: https://www.floridastudentfinancialaidsg.org/SAPHome/SAPHome
If you have any questions or concerns, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!