Dr. Seth J. Crapp First Generation Scholarship
- Recipients must demonstrate financial need by completing the national Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible for a Pell Grant.
- Recipients must be the first generation in their family to attain a college bachelor’s degree (students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are also eligible).
- Recipients must be residents of the state of Florida.
- Recipients must be enrolled in or accepted for admission to the university and be a degree-seeking undergraduate student enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours per semester.
- Recipients should be pursuing an undergraduate degree at FIU.
- Recipients will be chosen principally on the basis of academic performance or potential and financial need; provided, that a preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated knowledge of and interest in Black/African American issues and heritage.
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in a pre-medical (pre-med) major.
Questions- contact the Office of Scholarships at email@example.com or 348-0349.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please describe your experience in or commitment to working with the Black/African American Community.