Honors College Research Conference Scholarship
An application must be submitted at least one month prior to the conference that they’re requesting funds for.
• All recipients must maintain good academic standing in the Honors College.
• Students who have temporary legal status from Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) will not be eligible to receive direct institutional aid and thus may not accept this scholarship. Students must have an aid eligible status to receive FIU based aid.
• If the awarded student drops out of good standing, or drops out of the Honors College, they will be held financially liable for returning scholarship funds, and the cost of the scholarship will be added to their financial aid account.
• Acceptance of this scholarship can affect your financial aid. The student will be held responsible for obtaining information from the Office of Financial Aid regarding how this scholarship can affect future aid disbursement. The Honors College is not liable for any loss of financial aid due to the awarding of this scholarship.
• The Honors College Scholarship Advisor must approve all selected students to determine final eligibility.
• Students are encouraged to request funding from other sources, such as SGA.
REQUESTS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
Significance: How will this conference have an impact on the student’s research and goals? What will
be the outcome if the student is not able to present at the conference? How does this conference with
the mission of the Honors College and Florida International University?