Vivian and Vanessa Melgoza First Generation Scholarship
The Vivian and Vanessa Melgoza Scholarship is open to first generation Honors College students. Students must Fulfill annual Honors College engagement and service requirements.
- Entering or current Honors College student in good standing (min. 3.3 GPA);
- In the first generation of their family to complete a college degree (students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are eligible);
- Resident of the state of Florida;
- Degree-seeking undergraduate students enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours per semester;
- Demonstrated financial need by completing the national Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible for a Pell Grant.
Questions – contact the Office of Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Honors College
- Supplemental Questions
- Submit an Academic Resume
- Are you or will you be a first generation college graduate in your family?
- All applicants must submit an essay/personal statement in which you describe your career goals, reasons for choosing the profession, and where you would like to work in the future. Remember, this is often the best opportunity you have to speak directly to the scholarship review committee! Please check spelling and grammar carefully before submitting your essay. We recommend you compose the statement in a different word processing program and then paste it into this box.
- Please provide a short personal statement of your financial need (no more than two paragraphs).