Completion Grant Application
Students that may qualify for a FIU Completion Grant must be within 30 credits of graduation. If awarded, the amount will be based on your need and will not exceed $1,000. Distribution of the completion grants is based on your anticipated graduation date and financial need.
Funding priority is given to:
- Students that started at FIU as a freshman, you must have first enrolled as a full-time undergraduate in Summer or Fall term within the last 6 years (e.g., in Summer or Fall 2018 if you are seeking to graduate in Summer 2024).
- Students that started as a Florida AA transfer student at FIU, you must have first enrolled as a full-time transfer student with an AA degree from a Florida institution in a Fall term within the last 2 years (e.g., in Fall 2022 if you are seeking to graduate in Summer 2024).
If you are selected, you will be offered the award via Academic Works and you will need to accept the terms of the award.
- Be admitted to an undergraduate degree program for the semester of the Completion Grant. Non-Degree and Graduate students are not eligible to receive these Completion Grants.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and be within 30 credits of graduation, with a planned graduation term within three semesters of applying.
- Be enrolled for the appropriate amount of hours and courses needed to complete your approved graduation plan.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, or other eligible visa status.
- Commitment to meeting with a financial wellness coach and your academic advisor to develop a plan for graduation & post-graduation each semester until you graduate. You must also upload your resume to Handshake.
- We encourage all applicants to submit documentation that demonstrates your need. If you do not have a FAFSA on file, it is mandatory for you to submit documentation that demonstrates your need. Documentation may include a word document with an explanation of your circumstances
- A financial wellness coach may reach out to you to verify information in your application.
- Funds are limited and not guaranteed. Applications are reviewed based on the criteria listed above, in addition to a review of financial need. Meeting the above minimum requirements does not guarantee awarding.
IF YOU ARE SELECTED TO RECEIVE A COMPLETION GRANT, YOU WILL NEED TO AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE GRANT ON ACADEMIC WORKS