Hospitality Transfer Scholarships: Broward College - Vietnam Spring 2024 Transfers
THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS FOR BROWARD COLLEGE – VIETNAM TRANSFER STUDENTS ADMITTED TO THE UNDERGRADUATE HOSPITALITY PROGRAM BEGINNING IN SPRING 2024. If you were admitted or started in a previous semester, you are not eligible. If you are starting in a future Spring semester, please wait until the scholarship application for your start date opens. This award is expected to be offered each Spring semester. Students from any Broward College International Center starting in Summer or Fall should apply for the “Broward College International Centers Out-of-State Tuition Fee Waiver Application” through AcademicWorks at https://fiu.academicworks.com.
This limited, competitive scholarship awards up to $5,000 per student over a period of two years/four semesters of enrollment. The award will be disbursed each Spring and Fall semester in $1,250 increments for Broward College-Vietnam transfer students (i.e. non-Florida resident) with A.S./A.A. degree or at least 60 transferable credits. An overall 3.0 GPA is required to renew the award in future Fall/Spring semesters. THERE ARE FOUR (4) AWARDS AVAILABLE.
Student Eligibility requirements:
• Student must have been accepted to FIU as a Hospitality Management program, including
o Beverage Management
o Entertainment Management
o Event Management
o Food Innovations & Entrepreneurship
o Global Sustainable Tourism
o Hospitality Leadership
o Hospitality Management (no specific major)
o Hotel/Lodging Management
o Restaurant/Culinary Management
o Spirits Management
o Travel & Tourism Management
• Student must have at least 2.75 GPA (as calculated by Admissions) and be a first-time transfer student to FIU with at least 60 transferable credits
• Student must be classified as out-of-state for tuition and residency purposes (international students are eligible)
• Student must enter FIU for their original entry date in Spring 2024 (i.e. award cannot be transferred for entry in a future semester) and must be registered full-time (at least 12 credit hours in each semester)
• Student must maintain a 3.0 GPA at FIU for the award to be renewed for an additional three (3) semesters; this award is not available in Summer semesters
To apply, students should submit a scholarship application including:
• Student must write a 1 – 2 page essay discussing “Why you have chosen Hospitality and Tourism as a Career”
• Resume, including (1) work experience/industry experience, (2) previous awards/honors, and (3) service to your college and/or community
For questions about this scholarship opportunity, please contact Dawn Fagnan, Assoc. Director of Enrollment and Recruitment Services, at (305) 919-4513 or email@example.com.