Behavioral Health Workforce Education and Training Fellowship
FIU School of Social Work is excited to announce a significant funding opportunity for students entering their MSW II practicum in Fall 2023 with at least a 3.25 GPA are eligible. The BHWET-Pro Fellowship is made possible through a grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). Students applying must be admitted to the MSW Program.
*FIU Behavioral Health Workforce Education and Training Fellowship for Professionals (BHWET-Pro) Objectives: *
• Provide services to vulnerable and culturally diverse populations in South Florida
• Learn inter-professional, behavioral health best practices
• Strengthen knowledge of social determinants of health
*BHWET-Pro Fellowship Selected Students Receive: *
• $10,000 stipend
• Tuition waiver for to 12 credits for one semester
• Certificate in Interprofessional and Integrated Behavioral Health Primary Care
• Post-MSW career mentoring and networking
BHWET-Pro Fellowship Selected Students Will:
• Take a 2-semester, hybrid course held on Fridays 8:30-10:30am
• Complete the 2-semester, advanced clinical internship with one of the following agencies:
o Banyan Health Systems
o Camillus House
o Catholic Charities St. Lukes
o Citrus Health Network
o Community Health of South Dade (CHI)
o FIU Green Family Foundation NeighborhoodHELP
o New Horizons CMHC
o The Village South
1. Current GPA (must be a 3.25 or higher)
2. Personal statement of interest (narrative minimum 500 words) that includes:
- Why you are interested in social work practice focused on behavioral health with underserved and marginalized communities and
- Your knowledge of the social determinants of health, integrated behavioral health primary care, and the importance of interprofessional approach to client care
3. Current resume
Questions? Contact Elise Linder, LCSW, MSW Field Coordinator at P: 305-348-4420 or at email@example.com.
- Stempel College of Public Health and Social Work
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you an MSW student entering your advanced clinical practicum (MSW II) in the Fall 2023 semester?
- Personal Statement of Interest - Please provide a 500 word response to the following question: Why are you interested in social work practice focused on behavioral health with underserved and marginalized communities? Make sure to discuss your thoughts about: 1) integrated behavioral health-primary care, 2) interprofessional approach to patient care, and 3) social determinants of health.
- Upload a current CV.