First Generation Scholarship
The First Generation Scholarship is awarded to students who are first-generation college students whose parents or legal guardians have not earned a baccalaureate degree. This is a need-based State/Institutional scholarship available to undergraduate students who attend Florida public, state universities. Recipients must be a Florida resident and a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen who do not have a previous bachelor’s degree.
- First generation in family to attain a college degree (neither of the student’s parents earned a college degree at the baccalaureate level or higher; students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are eligible). FASFA must indicate that neither parent’s education level is above high school.
- Qualify as a Florida resident for tuition purposes.
- Enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours per term as a degree-seeking *undergraduate *student. Some First Gen Scholarships will require full-time enrollment.
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the national Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and* be eligible for a Pell Grant.*
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA. Some First Generation Awards will require a higher GPA.
DISCLAIMER- This application is used to award multiple named scholarships. Award amounts will vary. If awarded what is shown on your student account may be under a different name than the scholarship name listed here. Students may only be awarded ONE first generation scholarship award. Being eligible does not guarantee an award, funding is limited.
For more information on the First Generation Scholarship contact the Office of Scholarships at 305-348-0349 or email@example.com.
- Supplemental Questions
- How would receiving this scholarship benefit you?