Social Work - Bank of America Take Stock in Children Scholarship
This scholarship provides funds to the Robert Stempel College of Public Health & Social Work in support of undergraduate, social work students as they complete their BSSW. This is both a merit-based and financial need scholarship intended to provide a unique learning experience for students in the School of Social Work.
As part of the scholarship requirements, recipients will be required to serve as a mentor(s) in a Take Stock in Children (TSC) program participating school. Schools in the Take Stock in Children program may be in Miami-Dade or Broward Counties. Scholarship recipients will be required to participate in the mentoring program for one hour per week or a minimum of 20 hours over the course of the two-semester academic year. Scholarship recipients are responsible for contacting Take Stock in Children for mentee student assignments and informing the School of Social Work of the arrangement.
The scholarship amount varies and will disburse in Fall 2022 and Spring 2023.
• Must be a full-time degree-seeking undergraduate student with a declared major in the School of Social Work
• Have a cumulative grade point average, at the time of application, of a 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale)
• Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
• Be considered of High Financial Need, as determined by the Office of Financial Aid
• Submit a one-page essay demonstrating the student’s goals as a mentor and desired outcome for their mentee and has indicated in which Take Stock in Children service area they wish to participate
• Complete the Take Stock in Children application
• Students must submit an appropriate photo to include with application. No selfies, please.
• Brief bio of notable achievements, etc.
• Thank you note to the donor will be appreciated.