John Wolin SJMC Scholarship (Journalism + Media)
This endowment scholarship fund was established in 2007 by Mrs. Wolin as a memorial to her husband, John Wolin, who loved journalism and teaching young journalists how to polish their craft. Wolin was a reporter and editor at the Miami Herald for 21 years, who inspired readers by chronicling his experiences as an achondroplastic dwarf.
*Majors in the Department of Journalism + Media (Broadcast Media, Journalism, Digital Communication Media) *
For consideration the applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A junior or senior student pursuing a major in the SCJ during the award period
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 credits) during the award period
- Submit a 2-page typewritten (double-spaced) essay about your career goals, reasons for choosing the profession, and where you would like to work in the future
- Submit a writing sample (school newspaper story, class paper or equivalent).
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member (SCJ faculty preferred)
Be a citizen of the United States, a U.S. lawful permanent resident or an international student on an aid eligible visa.
For additional information please contact the Office of Scholarships at email@example.com.