Marvin and Hazel Shanken DEI Scholarship
The Marvin and Hazel Shanken DEI Scholarship Fund—In the pursuit of greater equity in the Hospitality and Tourism industry, The Marvin and Hazel Shanken DEI Scholarship Fund will be a once renewable scholarship reserved for under-represented minority junior, senior and graduate students—with an emphasis on transfers from Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSI) and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) students pursuing a hospitality education at FIU’s Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
Eligibility criteria for the scholarship are as follows:
- The scholarships will be awarded to junior, senior, and/or graduate level students enrolled in or accepted for admission to the School.
- Students must have a 2.0 gpa or above to be eligible to compete for the award
- Student must be a U.S. citizens, permanent resident or international student on an aid eligible visa to apply
Award can be renewed once. Awarded to assist in covering room, board or tuition costs.
- Supplemental Questions
- How might this scholarship help you personally?
- What does Marvin Shanken’s legacy mean to you, and how might it inspire your future within the hospitality and tourism industry?
- Why is diversity important for the future of hospitality and tourism, how might this scholarship support you in making an impact on diversity, equity and inclusion?