Florida-Georgia Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation in Science, Engineering and Mathematics at FIU (FGLSAMP)
The FGLSAMP Scholarship program at FIU provides scholarships in the amount of $1,050 per term, Fall and Spring, totaling $2,100 per year up to 5 years, ending once they graduate. Scholarship recipients are required to be active members of research labs, attend professional development workshops, complete progress reports, and do an oral or poster presentation at the annual FGLSAMP EXPO or another conference of their choice.
Eligible students must be a fully admitted undergraduate student at FIU majoring in:
Electrical Eng, Civil Eng, Mechanical Eng, Environmental Eng, Computer Eng, Biomedical Eng, Computer Science/Technology, Information Technology, Chemistry, Math, Statistics, Physics, Biology, or Geology.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (proof of residency required)
- Must have a G.P.A. of 2.8 or higher
- Must be a fully admitted, first-time undergraduate at FIU, and registered for full-time (12 credits minimum) each Fall and Spring term.
- Must apply for FAFSA and qualify for Financial Aid at FIU each year while in the program
- Must be following the curriculum for the chosen (STEM) major
- Recipient must provide academic information to the program coordinator on request, to show the student progress while in the program.
- Recipient must do an FGLSAMP survey on request, to show progression.