FIU ForEverglades Scholarship
The FIU ForEverglades scholarships are open to full-time graduate research students from Florida International University (FIU) pursuing degrees in sciences and engineering. Cross-disciplinary research efforts are of special interest. Only graduate students from FIU are welcome to apply for the FIU ForEverglades Scholarship. The scholarships will be awarded to full-time graduate students enrolled in or accepted for admission to FIU who are pursuing Everglades restoration-related research in the Institute of Environment.
FIU ForEverglades scholarships provide up to $25,000 for stipends, travel, and other research related expenses. The number of scholarships and award amount depends on the number and quality of applications. The duration of this scholarship is set for 12 months.
The application for The Everglades Foundation ForEverglades Scholarship should contain the following:
- A 1 page cover letter (student’s name, university, department, advisor, proposal title, scholarship program of interest, contact information, and document list).
- Proposal describing the research that the scholarship would support (no more than 5,000 words including bibliography). The proposal is to clearly emphasize the expected contributions to Everglades research and relevance to Everglades restoration.
- Research budget and itemized justification detailing the proposed expenditure from scholarship.
- Timeline of proposed research activities.
- A personal essay of no more than 2 pages on the candidate’s career goals and how the scholarship will support those goals and contributions.
- A curriculum vitae.
- Academic transcripts (unofficial transcripts are allowed).
- Other relevant or supporting work products or documentation (such as published papers, presentations, awards, etc.) could optionally be included.
- A letter of reference from the student’s major professor including student’s status in the graduate program (admitted, candidacy).
- Two other academic/professional letters of reference (preferably from investigator(s) currently engaged in Everglades research
For more information, click “Visit” below.
- Up to $25,000