Alexa M. Duran Memorial First Generation Scholarship
Established in loving memory of Alex M. Duran, the Alexa M. Duran Memorial First Generation Scholarship is awarded to First Generation students at FIU.
- Recipients must demonstrate financial need by completing the national Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible for a Pell Grant.
- Recipients must be the first generation in their family to attain a college bachelor’s degree (students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are also eligible).
- Recipients must be residents of the state of Florida.
- Recipients must be enrolled in or accepted for admission to the university and be a degree-seeking undergraduate student enrolled for a minimum of twelve credit hours per semester.
- Recipients should be pursuing a degree at FIU.
- Minimum 3.25 GPA
- Preference to students in SIPA with an interest in pursuing a Political Science or Law degree
- Preference to student with most financial need
- Strong consideration based on application essay
Questions? Contact the Office of Scholarships at 305-348-0349 or email@example.com.
- Supplemental Questions
- What are your educational and professional goals and how will achieving your goals help you give back to your community? Please elaborate on current volunteer and extracurricular activities and why you have chosen your major.