Completion Grant Application
FIU Completion Grants are awarded to students within 30 credits of graduation for an average amount of $1,000. Semester distribution is based on your anticipated graduation date and financial need.
- Be admitted to an undergraduate degree program for the semester of the Completion Grant. Non-Degree and Graduate students are not eligible to receive these Completion Grants.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and be within 30 credits of graduation, with a planned graduation term of Summer 2021.
- Be enrolled for the appropriate amount of hours and courses needed to graduate and not have any outstanding financial obligations with the University for a previous term.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, eligible Non-Citizen, or an international student on an F1 (or other eligible)visa.
- Commitment to meeting with a financial wellness coach and your academic advisor to develop a plan for graduation & post-graduation, and completing a Handshake profile.
- Funds are limited and not guaranteed so apply as soon as you are able.
IF YOU ARE SELECTED TO RECEIVE A COMPLETION GRANT, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY A FINANCIAL WELLNESS COACH
Questions? Contact the Office of Scholarships at 305-348-0349 or email@example.com.
- Supplemental Questions
- How would this grant help you meet your graduation goals?
- Please indicate additional details about your financial need (select all that apply)
- Do you receive financial aid?
- Have you filed your 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA)?
- Have you applied for graduation?
- Graduation Term
- a) When are you eligible to graduate?
- b) If you have selected "Other" in the above question, please indicate your expected graduation term. If you did not, please enter "N/A" in the below box
- Do you plan to attend graduate school?
- As part of this grant, you must create a Handshake profile with an updated resume and fill out a plan for your graduation and post-graduation goals. Are you committed to completing these requirements? A coach from our office will reach out to you to follow-up on these steps if you receive grant.
- Please enter the name and e-mail of your assigned academic advisor, so they may complete the department confirmation form. If you do not know who your assigned advisor is you can log on to my.fiu.edu. On the right hand side, you can select the E-advisor dashboard. Your assigned advisor will be listed at the top left corner. Please make sure you enter the correct e-mail address.
- Show 4 more