Elisa Moncarz Scholarship
The Elisa Moncarz Scholarship:
Qualifications and Criteria
• Must be a full-time, degree-seeking major in the Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management with junior or senior standing; or degree-seeking graduate students.
• Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3 on a 4.0 A scale). Minimum 3.2 grade point average on accounting and financial management courses.
• Scholarship recipients do not need to demonstrate financial need. However, it will be given strong consideration if the other qualifications apply.
• The applicant package should include:
o A 250- to 500-word essay explaining applicant career goals and why this scholarship would be helpful in achieving them. Include in the narrative an example of demonstrated personal leadership through academic, professional, or community-related activities.
o Letter of recommendation from a present or former FIU faculty member.
o Current resume and transcript.
• Applicants will be evaluated according to the following categories:
o Personal attributes, including career goals.
o Performance in accounting and financial management courses
o Responses to the required essay question.
Awarded in Fall 2023
Students must be U.S Citizens, Granted Permanent Residents or International Students on an F1 visa to be eligible for FIU based awards
For questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305-348-0349