The Rhodes Scholarship Trust is designed to enable students of outstanding intellectual, moral and leadership ability to pursue a second baccalaureate or a master’s degree in science, humanities or social science at Oxford University. The Scholarship provides payment of tuition and fees, plus a living stipend and is tenable for a minimum of two and a maximum of three years. Each year, 32 U.S. citizens are selected as Rhodes Scholars. A Rhodes candidate must be endorsed by an institution at which he or she has completed two years of full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study. For more information, be sure to review the Rhodes Scholarship website.
Qualifying Rhodes candidates:
1. U.S Citizen
2. Between the ages of 18-23 on October 1, of the year of application
3. High Academic Standing and Leaderships Roles
4. Eligible to receive a Bachelor’s Degree before beginning residence at Oxford (not currently in a graduate program)
5. A citizen of the United States OR a lawful permanent resident of the United States OR a U.S. resident with DACA status on April 15 in the year of application are eligible to apply
*Rhodes Pre-Application: *
To be considered for a Florida International University nomination for the Marshall, candidates must submit the following application materials. This pre-application deadline ensures priority in working on application materials and reviewing student qualifications. Students chosen, will move onto the next step in the application process and will be completing the Internal Rhodes Application Process for further review.
In order to be eligible for consideration each student must:
- Submit an Intent to Apply Statement (explain your interest in award and why you are eligible, including leadership roles) (100-500 words)
- Academic Resume: A short dated list (maximum length: two pages) of principal activities, honors, prizes, scholarships, offices held, athletic record and extracurricular interests. Be sure it is academic based and reflects your educational achievements as well as work experience, etc.
- 3-8 Names and Emails of possible recommenders (letters of recommendations will be needed if you move forward to the next application)
- Expected Graduation Term (if currently an FIU student)
Students who are chosen to move forward will then complete a second application process (Internal Rhodes Application) and then an interview process to determine who will be endorsed to compete nationally.
If you have any questions, email Annelise Villiers at email@example.com.