Ortus Engineering First Generation Scholarship
Established by Ortus Engineering, this scholarship supports first generation students at FIU.
- First generation in family to attain a college degree (neither of the student’s parents earned a college degree at the baccalaureate level or higher; students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are eligible). FASFA must indicate that neither parent’s education level is above high school.
- Qualify as a Florida resident for tuition purposes.
- Enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours per term as a degree-seeking undergraduate student. Some First Gen Scholarships will require full-time enrollment.
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the national Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be eligible for a Pell Grant.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Eligible Majors: Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management
- Involved with community service
- Submitted letter of recommendation
Questions? Contact the Office of Scholarships at email@example.com or 305-348-0349.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please submit an essay on your community service achievements.
- Please request a letter of recommendation. Letter MUST be from a teacher, professor, academic counselor or advisor who can attest to student’s academic potential, leadership qualities, and/or community service.