Building the Future Scholarship
Our mission at Education.com is to champion the cause of children’s education and support teachers and parents as they seek to help their kids succeed in school and fall in love with learning. We believe everyone should have an equal opportunity to access education to further the world and its citizens, and we know diverse classrooms help create stronger communities. To better support educators who are minorities or who have experienced financial challenges, we offer our Building the Future Scholarship.
If you’re studying to become an early education teacher and can clearly demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and a commitment to the field of teaching, then we want to hear from you! Twice a year, we’ll select two (2) winners to receive $5,000 scholarships to apply towards their education. In addition to this cash award, each winner will also receive two Education.com Lifetime Memberships (one for the winner and one to share with an existing or aspiring K-12 teacher of the winner’s choice).
All applicants for the Building the Future Scholarship must meet all of the following eligibility requirements to apply:
- Must be a low income student or student from an underrepresented minority group—LGBT, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian, or Filipino/Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
- Must be pursuing a career as a preschool-5th grade teacher (any discipline).
- Must be enrolled at an accredited 2-year, 4-year, or technical/vocational college or university in the United States.
- Open to college undergraduates
- Must be pursuing an Education-related degree such as:
- Child Development, Early/Elementary/Middle Childhood Education, Special Education, Bachelor’s in Education. (Students who are minoring in Education are also eligible to apply.)
- Must be a United States citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Open to students from all states.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- If selected, you must provide an official transcript for GPA and enrollment verification.
How to Apply
To apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements, and then simply complete the online scholarship application and submit a short essay by the application deadline. Scholarship winners will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
Essay (500-1,000 words)
How have difficult circumstances or unique challenges shaped you? What role has this played in your inspiration to become a teacher? Where do you see your teaching career in 10 years, and what would winning this scholarship mean for your future career?
For more information, please click the “Visit” button below.