Empowered Future Teachers Scholarship
Our mission at Education.com is to champion the cause of children’s education and support teachers and parents as they seek to help their kids succeed in school and fall in love with learning. Our platform provides more than 30,000 printable worksheets, online games, and more resources to more than 16 million parents and teachers around the world.
To better support educators, we’re so excited to offer our Empowered Future Teachers Scholarship. If you’re studying to become an early education teacher and can clearly demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and a commitment to the field of teaching, then we want to hear from you! Twice a year, we’ll select one early-education student to receive this $10,000 prize for their upcoming school year. In addition to this cash award, each winner will also receive two Education.com Lifetime Memberships (one for the winner and one to share with an existing or aspiring K-12 teacher of the winner’s choice).
All applicants for the Empowered Future Teachers Scholarship must meet all of the following eligibility requirements to apply:
- Must be pursuing a career as a preschool-5th grade teacher (any discipline).
- Must be enrolled at an accredited 2-year, 4-year, technical/vocational college, or university in the United States.
- Must be a college undergraduate, graduate student, or professional student
- Must be pursuing an Education-related degree such as:
- Child Development, Early/Elementary/Middle Childhood Education, Special Education, Bachelor’s in Education, Master’s in Education, Doctorate in Education, Master of Arts in Teaching. (Students who are minoring in Education or students who have already earned a degree in Education and are currently pursuing a degree in another discipline are also eligible to apply.)
- Must be a United States citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Open to students from all states.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Finalists will be asked to provide a letter of recommendation from an academic reference, ideally a member of faculty in the applicant’s current educational institution, who can comment on the applicant’s abilities and interest in pursuing a career in Education.
- If selected, you must provide an official transcript for GPA and enrollment verification.
How to Apply
To apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements, and then simply complete the online scholarship application and submit a short essay by the application deadline. Scholarship winners will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
Essay (500-1,000 words)
What inspired you to become a teacher? Where do you see your teaching career in 10 years, and what would winning this scholarship mean for your future career?
For more information, please click the “Visit” button below