Physics S-STEM Scholarships
The Physics Department has been awarded a prestigious National Science Foundation Award to provide scholarships for FIU physics majors. Scholarships of up to $10,000 per year will be awarded to financially eligible majors who continue to qualify based on their academic performance and financial need each year.
Students who are chosen as FIU S-STEM Scholars will receive one-on-one mentoring and advising, and will be expected to participate in a special seminars as well as a variety of extracurricular social activities such as picnics and outings.
- Students must be US citizens, permanent residents, nationals, or refugees in order to apply
- Must have submitted a FAFSA application for this academic year.
- Must be declared as a Physics major
- Be able to register as a full-time student (12 credits minimum) each semester
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate both academic ability and financial need based on the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Fill out the short form below
- For new applicants: attach a 1-2 page personal statement that addresses your career goals and motivation for applying for the scholarship.
- For previous S-STEM Scholars: attach a 1-2 paragraph statement with your current career goals.
If you have questions, contact Dr. Caroline Simpson at email@example.com.