Hospitality Transfer Scholarship: Non-Florida Transfer Student
THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS FOR NON-FLORIDA RESIDENTS ADMITTED AS TRANSFER STUDENTS TO THE UNDERGRADUATE HOSPITALITY PROGRAM BEGINNING IN SPRING 2020. If you started in a previous semester, you are not eligible. _ If you are starting in a future semester, please wait until the scholarship application for your start date opens_.
This limited, competitive scholarship awards $6,000 ($3,000 each semester in Spring 2020 and Fall 2020) for non-Florida resident transfer students with A.S./A.A. degree or at least 60 transferable credits. THERE IS ONLY ONE AWARD AVAILABLE.
Student Eligibility requirements:
• Student must have been accepted to FIU as a Hospitality Management major, including
o Beverage Management
o Culinary Management
o Event Management
o Hospitality Management (no specific major)
o Hotel/Lodging Management
o Restaurant/Foodservice Management
o Travel & Tourism Management
• Student must have at least 2.75 GPA (as calculated by Admissions) and be a first-time transfer student to FIU with at least 60 transferable credits
• Student must be classified as out-of-state for tuition and residency purposes (international students are eligible)
• Student must enter FIU for their original entry date (i.e. award cannot be deferred to a future semester) and must be registered full-time (at least 12 credit hours in each of their first two semesters)
To apply, students should submit a scholarship application including:
• Student must write a 1 – 2 page essay discussing “Why you have chosen Hospitality and Tourism as a Career”
• Resume, including (1) work experience/industry experience, (2) previous awards/honors, and (3) service to your college and/or community
For questions about this scholarship opportunity, please contact Dawn Fagnan, Asst. Director of Enrollment and Recruitment Services, at (305) 919-4513 or email@example.com.