Ted's Vintage Art History Preservation Scholarship
The team at Ted’s Vintage Art is passionate about using modern technology & techniques to preserve historic artwork so that it may be enjoyed, in it’s original intended look, by future generations for thousands of years. We believe that preserving history is of utmost importance, and we also recognize there is a major shortage of resources behind these endeavors.
This is why Ted’s Vintage Art is offering a scholarship opportunity to one dedicated undergraduate who can display knowledge and passion in an essay on the topic of why historic preservation is important to our society, and how items like vintage maps and vintage art help play a role in this endeavor.
- All applications must be submitted by September 15, 2019. A winner will then be selected and notified by October 1, 2019.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited college or university for the semester they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA
- Domestic, international and undocumented students may apply
As technology continues to grow and become an even larger part of our daily lives, it’s now more important than ever to dedicate resources towards making sure historic artifacts are preserved so that they may be enjoyed by future generations. The good news is that new technologies can also enable us to preserve things like images, maps and documents for a period of time much longer than ink and paper.
- Please write a 1,000 word essay that reflects on the above and answers the following questions:
- What is one way in which technology has enabled mankind to better understand, explore and preserve history?
- Why do you personally feel it is important that historic artifacts are preserved for future generations?
- How can the average citizen play a role in the preservation of historic artifacts for future generations?
- Please provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university. A transcript, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will accepted.
- To apply, please submit the Ted’s Vintage Art Historic Preservation Scholarship form below.
For more information please visit: https://tedsvintageart.com/history-preservation-scholarship/