The Rhodes Scholarship Trust is designed to enable students of outstanding intellectual, moral and leadership ability to pursue a second baccalaureate or a master’s degree in science, humanities or social science at Oxford University. The Scholarship provides payment of tuition and fees, plus a living stipend and is tenable for a minimum of two and a maximum of three years. Each year, 32 U.S. citizens are selected as Rhodes Scholars.
A Rhodes candidate must be endorsed by an institution at which he or she has completed two years of full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study.
Only students that completed and moved forward from the Pre-Application are eligible.
A Rhodes candidate must be endorsed by an institution at which he or she has completed two years of full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study. The 2020 Application will be available in late Spring 2019. In the meantime, we require students to complete the 2019 Application to begin working on these questions for committee review.
In order to be eligible for consideration each student must:
- Upload a copy of your completed Draft of Rhodes application – Focus on the Main Topics Below (http://www.rhodesscholar.org/applying-for-the-scholarship/)
Proposed Course of Study
- Upload a copy of your FIU unofficial transcript
- Upload a short list (no more than 2 pages) of activities, honors, awards, scholarships, and extracurricular activities (a list of principal activities)
- Upload personal statement (explanation of personal statement (details can be found here: http://www.rhodesscholar.org/applying-for-the-scholarship/). The personal statement not exceeding 1000 words which the applicant must attest as wholly truthful and his or her own work. The statement should describe the applicant’s academic and other interests, and describe the specific areas of proposed study and the reasons for wishing to study at Oxford.
- Upload five to eight (3-8) letters of recommendation (DO NOT SUBMIT ON RHODES WEBSITE) – Only three-five are required at the moment, the others can be worked on if student moves forward. (Five, but not more than eight, letters of recommendation for the actual Rhodes Application)
Only students that move forward from the Pre-Application are eligible to apply.
If you have any questions please contact Annelise firstname.lastname@example.org at the Office of Scholarships