The Reedsy National Creative Scholarship
We are pleased to announce the inaugural Reedsy Creative Writing Scholarship, a biannual award for writers and novelists in further education. As the world’s leading marketplace of book publishing talent, Reedsy is passionate about nurturing the next generation of fiction authors. We have designed this scholarship to award a student whose writing displays a clear and unique voice with the potential to thrive in the competitive literary landscape.
Awarded twice a year, successful candidates will receive $1,000 towards educational expenses and be eligible for further sponsorship from Reedsy while they develop as a writer.
To be eligible for the Reedsy Creative Writing Scholarship, applicants must be:
- United States, Canada or Australia Citizens or Permanent Residents; and
- Accepted to, or currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or graduate program within the United States, Canada or Australia.
To be considered for the Fall semester scholarship, applications must be received by October 10, 2019.
The scholarship must be applied to tuition and other education-related expenses. A wire transfer for $1,000 will be made payable to the recipient’s educational institution directly.
Your application must include the first chapter (1,500 to 7,500 words) of an original novel you are currently writing, or have written but not yet published.
All applications must be submitted via the form on this page and should include:
- Your name, email, address and contact number;
- A short bio, to be posted on this page if you are a finalist;
- The name of the college or university you attend or plan to attend;
- Your sample chapter copy/pasted into the “Submission” section, along with a brief synopsis.
Five finalists will be selected from each application pool. If your submission is shortlisted, a blurb about your novel will be featured on our scholarship page.
For more details, please click the “Visit” link below