Parnall Law Scholarship
The Parnall Law Office is proud to offer the 2019 Scholarship Program that is designed to help interested high school (upon graduation from high school) or college students in the United States to attend an institution of higher education, while also bringing to attention to the dangers of distracted driving. $5000 in prizes will be awarded to the top 3 applicants.
Create a “Distracted Driving Family Plan” within which you address the safety of your family by proactively committing to a plan that avoids the occurrence(s) of distracted driving by you and the members of your family.
Your essay should encompass the concept of Distracted Driving by formulating a plan for you and your family to commit to, with respect to addressing this troubling trend on our roads, including:
- Explain what distracted driving is. (For example, is it just texting, talking on the phone, or is it more than that?)
- Tell us about any time that you have personally experienced distracted driving. (Do you text or talk on a cell phone while driving or do your friends and family members? What do you do if you are with someone who is driving while distracted? How has distracted driving affected you, a loved one, or your peers?)
- What suggestions would you make to encourage your family to avoid distracted driving?
- Do you believe that smartphone technology is helpful or destructive (or both) for teen drivers?
- How has a personal injury caused by distracted driving affected you or a loved one?
- Please give examples of any surveys, studies, statistics, or stories in the news that support your points.”
- First Place Prize: $2,500
- Second Place Prize: $1,500
- Third Place Prize: $1,000
- The scholarship contest is open to high school, college or university students nationwide.
- Students must be US residents.
- Entries must be submitted to HurtCallBert.com via the form on the website between February 1, 2019 and May 1, 2019.
- Entries to be judged by the offices of Parnall Law Firm, LLC and will be judged on originality and caliber or response. Judges’ decisions are final.
- Awards will be made directly to scholarship programs of winning students. Awards to be presented in May of 2019.
For more information, please visit: https://www.hurtcallbert.com/scholarships/