Hospitality Transfer Scholarship: Florida State College Transfers
THIS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION IS FOR NEW UNDERGRADUATE, HOSPITALITY TRANSFER STUDENTS ENTERING IN SUMMER 2019 ONLY. If you started in a previous semester, you are not eligible. If you are starting in a future semester, please wait until the scholarship application for your start date opens (after April15 for Fall 2019).
Transfer scholarship opportunity for graduates of one of the 26 Florida State Colleges (formerly community colleges).
This limited, competitive scholarship awards $1,000 ($500 each semester for up to 2 semesters) for transfer students with A.S./A.A. degree or at least 60 transferable credits from one of the public Florida State Colleges. WE ANTICIPATE 1 AWARD FOR SUMMER 2019.
Student Eligibility requirements:
• Student must have been accepted to FIU as a Hospitality Management major, including
o Beverage Management
o Culinary Management
o Event Management
o Hospitality Management (no specific major)
o Hotel/Lodging Management
o Restaurant/Foodservice Management
o Travel & Tourism Management
• Student must have at least 2.75 GPA (as calculated by Admissions) and be a first-time transfer student to FIU with at least 60 transferable credits
• Student must enter FIU for their original entry date (i.e. award cannot be deferred to a future semester) and must be registered full-time (at least 12 credit hours in each of their first two semesters)
To apply, students should submit a scholarship application including:
• Student must write a 1 – 2 page essay discussing “Why you have chosen Hospitality and Tourism as a Career”
• Resume, including (1) work experience/industry experience, (2) previous awards/honors, and (3) service to your college and/or community
For questions about this scholarship opportunity, please contact Dawn Fagnan, Asst. Director of Enrollment and Recruitment Services, at (305) 919-4513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.