BHI Hospitality Minority Scholarship
Black Hospitality Initiative of Greater Miami (BHI) formerly the Visitor Industry Human Resource Development Council (VIC) is a non-profit 501© 3 organization established in 1991 by the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) to advance economic participation and open doors of opportunity for African Americans and Blacks of African descent in the Greater Miami Visitor Industry.
This scholarship is offered to hospitality students of black or African-American heritage. It is open to the following students:
- Must be admitted as a degree-seeking student at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Dade county resident for 2 years
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident of black or African-American heritage
- Must have 60 transfer credit or AA/AS from accredited university/college
- Preference will be given to students with a focus on Hospitality Management, Beverage Management, Culinary Management, Event Management, Hotel/Lodging Management, Restaurant/Foodservice Management, Travel & Tourism Management.
- Scholarship covers tuition for the year (fall and spring) and is renewable annually.
If selected as a recipient for this scholarship, please note the following:
Prior to disbursing your award, it is imperative that a “thank you” letter, a brief biography and an appropriate head shot be submitted via AcademicWorks. An appointment must also be made to meet with the Chaplin School of Hospitality’s Career Development Office.