Future Generation of Geoscientists Scholarship
The Future Geoscientists Scholarship Program at Florida International University is funded by the National Science Foundation. The Program’s purpose is to increase the number of people trained in geoscience. Employment of geoscientists is expected to increase about 13% from 2016 to 2026, faster than the 7% increase for all other occupations combined (according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Scholarship application is open to students admitted to undergraduate geosciences and earth sciences majors at Florida International University for enrollment in Fall 2019 and Fall 2020. The scholarship is renewable for up to four years when the student maintains the eligibility requirements.
Applicants must be admitted as an incoming Freshman for Fall 2019 in one of the following degree programs:
- Geosciences B.S. degree, Geological Sciences Major
- Geosciences B.S. degree, Atmospherics Sciences Major
- Earth Sciences B.A. degree, includes Earth Science Education Major
US Citizen or permanent resident.
Must have passed an advanced math class in High School.
Have financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
- earning up to full-time tuition (30 credits a year)
- receiving guidance from a peer and a faculty mentor
- participating in a week long geoscience field excursion in the Appalachian Mountains in early May
- working at internships and/or as student researchers
- attending national scientific conferences
For more information visit:
Program Application: https://forms.fiu.edu/view.php?id=334943
Dr. Dean Whitman, Undergraduate Program Director, email@example.com, 305-348-3089
Dr. Rene Price, Department Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org, 305-348-3119
Office of Scholarships, email@example.com, 305-348-0349