Hospitality Freshman Scholarship: DECA/AOHT Scholarship
THIS SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY IS FOR FIRST TIME FRESHMAN STARTING IN SUMMER/FALL 2019.
Up to three (3) $2,000 awards ($1,000 each in Fall 2019 & Spring 2020) for Academy of Hospitality & Tourism Management (AOHT) & DECA students
Student Eligibility requirements:
• Student must have been accepted to FIU as a Hospitality Management major, including
o Beverage Management
o Culinary Management
o Event Management
o Hotel/Lodging Management
o Restaurant/Foodservice Management
o Travel & Tourism Management
• Minimum high school GPA of at least 3.5
• Student must be participating in AOHT and/or DECA at their high school
• Student must be a first-time freshman starting at FIU in Summer or Fall 2019 and enrolled full-time
To apply, students should submit:
• Student must write a 1 – 2 page essay discussing “Why you have chosen Hospitality and Tourism as a Career”
• Letter of Recommendation from your AOHT/DECA Teacher or Advisor
• Resume including:
o Previous awards and honors
o Your service to AOHT/DECA. Include estimated hours of volunteer work and specific activities for the entire time you have been in the program.
o Describe your service to your school and community throughout your time in high school.