Fausto B. Gomez Scholarship in Political Science
Endowed in 2007, the Fausto Gomez Scholarship in Political Science provides $1,200 for 2018-19 tuition.
1. Must be a full-time undergraduate student who has completed at least 60 credits;
2. Must be a declared major in political science;
3. Must show financial need as determined by Financial Aid;
4. Must have a 3.4 or greater GPA; and
5. Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident who was born in, or whose parents were born in a Spanish-speaking nation in Latin America or the Caribbean.
Application Due Date
Friday, March 30, 2018
Must submit a typewritten essay of no more than three pages (double-spaced, 12 pt font) describing the reasons that led her or him to seek a degree in political science, their interest in public affairs, and their professional aspirations.
The Fausto B. Gomez Scholarship in Political Science may be renewed for one additional year provided the recipient has maintained a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher in each term he or she is a recipient, is making steady progress toward a degree, and can demonstrate financial need.
$1,200 for 2018-19 tuition.
Award will be presented at the Department’s annual end-of-year awards ceremony on April 26, 2018 and recipient will later meet with Mr. Fausto B. Gomez at his invitation.