The Barry Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Program was established by Congress in 1986 to honor Senator Barry Goldwater. The Foundations purpose is to encourage the growth of well-trained scientists, mathematicians, and engineers. This is done by the annual award of scholarships to college students who intend to peruse research careers in these fields. Students are awarded up to $7500 per year for a maximum of two years to cover tuition, fees, books, and room and board.
- U.S Citizen or U.S. Resident
- College sophomores or juniors studying mathematics, natural sciences or engineering with minimum 3.7 GPA
- Must have intention to pursue doctoral degree in one of the disciplines
- In order to be eligible for consideration each student must *
1. Completed Goldwater on-line application submitted
2. Official College transcripts (from all colleges attended or current)
3. Upload a copy of all required statements/essays
4. 3 Letters of recommendation (as outlined by application guidelines) submitted to Dr. Schulze via email (email@example.com)
To be considered for university endorsement please complete your application by going to https://goldwater.scholarsapply.org/
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.