Stempel College Student Path Travel Scholarship
The Path Travel Award provides support to graduate students in FIU Stempel College to travel to conference, scientific meetings or workshop to present papers, posters or for their participation in professional enhancement workshops. Graduate students (master’s or PhD) in the College’s three programs, dietetics and nutrition, public health, and social work, may apply. Awards will be based on the quality of the paper or poster, the applicant’s response to the questionnaire on academic works, the faculty member’s response to the questionnaire supporting the application, quality of the scientific conference or meeting, and adequate progress by the candidate toward completion of the degree.
A total of 5 Path Travel Awards in the amount of $500 each, will be awarded each semester (Fall/Spring/Summer)
• Must be a graduate student in the college (master’s or PhD)
• Applicant must have submitted an abstract; have had an abstract accepted for presentation at a conference or meeting; or must have applied and been accepted to attend a workshop for professional development.
• Stempel College graduate students are eligible to apply for up to one travel award per academic year.
• Priority will be given to students who are traveling in the semester in which the award is disbursed.
The application must include a statement from you that includes the following: statement of professional purpose; research interests and goals for a career in your academic discipline; how the conference or meeting fits in the scope of your presentation; description of the research that you will be presenting and the contribution of the research to your discipline; your contribution to the research and writing of the paper or poster; relevance of the abstract/presentation/workshop and how it aligns with your professional goals; how the funding will help you achieve those goals.
Submission or Acceptance Notification
The application must include a copy of the paper or poster to be presented.
The application must include a copy of the letter or email accepting the paper or poster.
If the acceptance letter or email is not yet available, please provide proof of your submission. If you are awarded, you will be asked to provide proof of acceptance prior to disbursement of funds.
Faculty Letter of Support
The application must include a letter of support from a member of College’s faculty familiar with your work. The faculty member’s letter must detail your progress toward completing the degree, an evaluation of the quality of the paper or poster to be presented, your role in the research and development of the paper or poster presentation, and the relevance of the workshop or presentation as it aligns with your professional enhancement.
• Students must submit an appropriate photo to include with application. No selfies, please.
• Student must provide name of faculty advisor/mentor.
• Brief bio, notable achievements, etc.
• Thank you note to the donor will be appreciated.