Undergraduate Admissions - Ambassador Merit Scholarship
The Undergraduate Admissions Ambassador Scholarship is open to qualified first time in college U.S. citizens, permanent residents and international students only.To qualify for academic merit scholarship consideration, students must be admitted to FIU prior to December 1, 2017. Students are strongly encouraged to submit a completed admissions application by November 15 to allow time for the application to be processed.
The last test date results used for scholarship consideration are SAT – November 4, 2017 and ACT – October 29, 2017.
Note- You must indicate FIU as one of your choice schools to receive scores, otherwise we cannot guarantee scores will arrive in time for scholarship evaluation. If we have not received your scores by the time we review, your application will not be considered.
To be considered, students must submit a completed scholarship application no later than December 15,2017. A complete application includes having received the required two letters of recommendation by this date.
To enter the competition, a student must:
- Be enrolled as a high school student progressing normally toward completion of high school and planning to enroll full-time in college following the completion of high school;
- Be a citizen of the United States , a U.S. lawful permanent resident or international student with intention of receiving the F-1 visa to
study in the United States
- Meet minimum scholarship requirements.
- 4.0 GPA (weighted)
- 1280 SAT MAX Score or 27 ACT
- Students impacted by Hurricane Harvey, Irma or Maria should contact the Office of Scholarships should you need special consideration regarding deadlines if your school or home country is unable to send transcripts, letters of recommendation, or administer required tests. We will work with students PRIOR to the deadline, once the scholarship application has closed, applications will not be accepted.
Questions- please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305.348.0349.