MuchGames.com Awards Scholarships
According to a study published in the journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, an estimated 72% of American households play video games. Of the 3,034 children studied, researchers reported that nine percent exhibited signs of addiction. Your essay will consist of a research proposal outlining how your experiment or study will further the understanding of the biological, social and psychological consequences of video game addiction.
- All undergraduate & graduate students can apply
- Enrolled in an accredted college or university in the U.S.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Essay should be between 750 and 1,000 words
- Basic research outline is required
- Deadline: September 30, 2017
- The essay must include your informal research proposal. Please keep the essay between 750 and 1,500 words.
- When you’ve completed your essay, please submit it online, along with a copy of your student ID and a current transcript.
- MuchGames.com will contact the finalists and request official college transcripts to verify academic eligibility.
You may choose to use only one research design, or, you can combine multiple designs into your proposal. Please view our list of possible research designs for help choosing the type that is best suited for you.
- Descriptive (e.g., case-study, naturalistic observation, survey)
- Correlational (e.g., case-control study, observational study)
- Semi-experimental (e.g., field experiment, quasi-experiment)
- Experimental (experiment with random assignment)
- Review (literature review, systematic review)
- Meta-analytic (meta-analysis)
For more information and to apply, visit: http://www.muchgames.com/video-game-addiction-research/