Scholarships for Students Underrepresented in the Medical Field
The Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine (HWCOM) Scholarship Program is pleased to offer Scholarships for Students Underrepresented in the Medical Field. Funding for these awards is made possible by the generous contributions of The Dr. John T. Macdonald Foundation, Inc.. HWCOM is committed to recruiting students of all backgrounds who reflect the diversity of the patients they will serve. The college admits more than twice the national average of disadvantaged or underrepresented students in medicine. The Scholarships for Students Underrepresented in the Medical Field will support minorities underrepresented in medicine.
- Applicants must be fourth year medical students.
- Applicants must be in good academic and professional standing.
- Demonstrated financial need is a required component to be a recipient of this award. Current FAFSA must be on file.
- Receipt of a full tuition scholarship, including funding from another resource at any time, such as the Health Professions Scholarship Programs (Army, Navy, Air Force), will make you ineligible for this scholarship and you must notify the Office of Financial Aid immediately.
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe any special circumstances or obligations you have that might demonstrate financial need.