How I Make My Community Great Scholarship
The How I Make My Community Great Scholarship is an academic-based award of $2,500 meant to help a currently enrolled or accepted student pay for their higher education.
To enter the contest, applicants must submit a 500- to 1,000-word essay about how they have helped their community evolve in a positive way. Other topic points to include in the essay should include:
- How do you make your community great?
- How would you define “community” in your own terms?
- What initiatives do you have in mind (or in place) to better your community and enact change?
Who Can Apply for the How I Make My Community Great Scholarship?
To apply for the How I Make My Community Great Scholarship contest, you must:
- Be enrolled in or admitted to an accredited college or university: You must provide proof that you are currently enrolled in or have been accepted to a college or university, which can include an acceptance letter. This scholarship allows for both undergraduate- and graduate-level students to apply, provided their school has proper accreditation. Students of all areas of study may apply.
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA: You must provide a copy of your unofficial transcript to prove that you have earned at least a 3.0 GPA in your most recent semester of school. Students who were admitted to a college/university may use their high school transcripts to prove their recent GPA scores.
- Be a United States citizen or have legal authorization to work or attend school in the U.S.: Both U.S. citizens and people with appropriate visas may apply for the scholarship award.
For more information, click the Visit button below