Joe Adler Scholarship
Awarded in Spring 2023
The Joe Adler Scholarship was established in memory of Producer/Director Joseph Adler to award scholarships to students in Theatre at FIU. Mr. Adler stood for excellence, and this scholarship will foster that same standard among students.
Scholarship funds will be used to recruit and retain talented students who contribute substantially to our program. We expect all students who receive Scholarships to be exemplary in their performance contributions and in their academic work. Students must obtain a B or
higher in all Theatre Classes and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher to be eligible for a theatre scholarship.
All scholarship students must
- be enrolled for a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- be a declared Theatre major.
- take at least two theatre courses per semester (6 credits) except for Freshmen.
- Be a citizen of the United States, a U.S. lawful permanent resident or an international student on an aid eligible visa
Note: Graduating seniors are exempt from the 12 credit hours and can receive the scholarship at the chair’s discretion.
All applicants must submit:
- An essay / personal statement in describing their aspirations and career goals and how scholarship assistance will help them meet their goals. Limit 1,000 words.
- A current resume that includes extracurricular activities, professional activities or employment experience, and community service.
All performance scholarship recipients must audition for the faculty-directed productions given in the term in which they receive an award and must accept a role if offered. Those recipients filling a major production assignment are exempt from this requirement.
Awards are per semester and you will need to apply each semester.