Panorama Travel First Generation Scholarship
This scholarship is open to all eligible Honors College students. However, preference will be given to students who are Hispanic-American or of Spanish culture with origins in Mexico, South America, Central America, or the Caribbean.
- Entering or current Honors College student in good standing (min. 3.3 GPA);
- In the first generation of their family to complete a college degree (students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are eligible);
- Resident of the state of Florida;
- Enrollment for a minimum of six credit hours per semester;
- Have financial need as determined through the FAFSA and be eligible for a Pell Grant;
- Be Hispanic-American or a person of Spanish culture with origins in Mexico, South America, Central America, or the Caribbean, regardless of race;
- Preference will be given to students of Nicaraguan descent;
- Preference will be given to students with a strong community service background.
Students must Fulfill annual Honors College engagement and service requirements.
Amount (one-time): Up to $1,000 a year
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Honors College
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload a current resume that provides educational and professional background information
- Please provide a short personal statement describing your educational and careers goals, and your financial need.
- Are you or will you be a first generation college graduate in your family?
- All applicants must submit an essay/personal statement (2-page, double-spaced) in which you describe your career goals, reasons for choosing the profession, and where you would like to work in the future. Remember, this is often the best opportunity you have to speak directly to the scholarship review committee! Please check spelling and grammar carefully before submitting your essay. We recommend you compose the statement in a different word processing program and then paste it into this box. Must be a minimum of 1,000 words.
- Please list your community service background.