Brian & Haydee Weston Family First Generation Scholarship
Brian & Haydee Weston Family First Generation Scholarship was established by Brian Weston’ 84, an alum of the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management. The scholarship benefits First-Generation students enrolled in the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management. The award funding varies and if funding permits that year.
a. Recipients must be the first generation in their family to attain a college degree (students whose siblings have attained or are pursuing a degree are eligible)
b. Recipients must be residents of the state of Florida; Must be a citizen of the United States, a U.S. lawful permanent resident
c. Recipients must be degree-seeking undergraduate students enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours per semester
d. Recipients must demonstrate financial need by completing the national Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
In addition, awardees will be called on to attend scholarship recognition/events and/or individual meeting with donor. Prior to disbursing your award, it is imperative that a “thank you” letter, a brief biography and an appropriate head shot be submitted via AcademicWorks.*
Questions- contact the Office of Scholarships at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Supplemental Questions
- Why I chose hospitality/tourism as a career
- Choose the option that best represents your career focus
- Did you submit a FAFSA application?
- Are you or will you be a first generation college graduate in your family?
- If awarded, are you willing to attend scholarship recognition/events and/or individual meeting with donor?